Saturday, November 24, 2007

Gone ETHIOPIAN















I'm one of the last holdouts, but I've finally succumbed to peer pressure and have had my curly locks braided. My friend Blin (the Ethiopian sister of my PC friend Jolene) graciously volunteered to do my hair. She is quite the artist! Can you believe that she did this in less than an hour and after working a 12-hour shift at the hospital?? I'm not sure that I do this type of hairstyle as much justice as my Ethiopian friends, but it should buy me at least 3 to 4 days before I have to wash my hair and that in its own right is a blessing. When I returned home, my family was quite pleased with my new "do" and gave me the highest of compliments...."ahun habesha nesh!" (translation= You are Ethiopian now). Personally, when I look at the top of my head it looks like a brain or a rat maze! What do you think?