Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Easter!

Easter almost passed me by this year. Between the lack of seasonal indicators and the Ethiopian calendar, I didn’t realize it was Easter Sunday until Smith called and invited me to decorate eggs. I can honestly say I would have rather been home attending the Sunrise service, hunting for the Easter basket that Mom still hides for me (I vow to never grow up!), gorging myself on ham, crunchy cabbage salad, and one of Mom’s melt in your mouth pies, and then trying to make up for the horrendous amount of calories by taking a walk around the farm. But, alas, I’m here… sans Cadbury eggs, PEEPS, and that annoying Easter grass. I instead joined Pam and Sophie (2 new additions to our town who are volunteers with VSO), as well as Smith to color eggs. I then returned home to dine on a lentil/rice/curry dish that I desperately tried to pretend was a nice slice of ham.




Pam from Australia




Sophie from Great Britain