Sunday, March 15, 2009

Passion Flower

Just before I left the States for my big move across the pond, I traveled to North Carolina to visit my brother and his family. One of our excursions was to the Asheville Botanical Gardens. I remember at the time seeing this most amazing flower and thinking that I would love to have that in my garden someday. Given that it looked rather exotic, I thought my chances were slim to none. Funny how things work out! I was in the yard the other day doing the wash and letting my mind wander as often happens when one is doing a mundane and routine task (yes, hand washing clothes is second nature to me now!). All of a sudden I realized I had been staring at this flower—the same one that caught my eye in North Carolina. Unbelievable. I’ve been living here and doing laundry in this exact same spot for more than a year and have just now realized that my exotic flower grows like a weed all over our rickety compound fence.

This is the picture that I took while roaming the botanical gardens in North Carolina. The flower is known as Hareg here and was labeled as Passion Flower in the States.