Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mystery Solved

There are still sights that I encounter while I’m out and about that leave me utterly perplexed. Even though I frequently stop and ask, most of the time I walk away no less enlightened with yet another unsolved mystery to add to my ever growing list.

While walking along the road to the hospital I encountered this trio traipsing toward town carting these fascinating straw and twine barrel shaped containers. It didn’t appear to hold anything and was closed on both ends. My curiosity got the best of me and I just had to inquire. This time I actually understood the response. Would you believe that these fabulous creations are beehives??? These guys were kind enough to stop long enough for me to capture a photo, but not long enough for me to figure out exactly how these hives function. I guess I’ll just have to solve that mystery another day.