Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Making the Rounds

I have fabulous Ethiopian friends! They were so excited to meet Amber and warmly welcomed her. It mattered not in the least that Amber understood hardly anything that they said (and I must admit that I did not do a good job of translation….either I forgot that she couldn't understand or was experiencing translation fatigue). We spent so much time with Gigi, Tambarat and their siblings that we should have just moved in for the week. They are so good to me and were also so good to her. I'm truly blessed by their friendship!



Igigiyew (Gigi for short) gifted Amber with a jabena (traditional coffee pot).


I thought we were coming to share in a simple lunch and instead we found the Ethiopian equivalent to Thanksgiving!


Amber and Gigi's sis-in-law, Israel, found a creative solution to being caught in the rain without an umbrella.


Both Amber and I love this picture. My bunna ceremony presentation was great…my bunna, not so great.


Enjoying a little friendly game of Uno


Amber and Muluken (my co-worker)