Thursday, January 15, 2009

Home for the Holidays

I was so blessed to be home for nearly a month over the holidays. Which explains (and I think provides a valid excuse) as to why there have been no new blog posts. Now that I’m back in Ethiopia, I promise to get back on track!

My time home was wonderful and very much needed. From the moment the plane wheels screeched down the runway, I hardly had a moment of downtime. The highlights of my time home:

` Baking cookies with my little friends, Abby and Alyssa
` Pulling off a surprise 80th birthday party for my favorite Uncle John
` Ice Skating (I managed to stay on my feet. I guess those ice hockey lessons paid off!)
` Shopping, Shopping, Shopping (oh, how I miss Target)
` Being christened “Aunt Kiki” by my niece, Natalie
` Listening to Natalie’s version of Jingle Bells and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
` Mom’s Pecan Cinnamon Rolls (reserved for Christmas morning only)
` Catching up with great friends
` Discovering “Chocolatea” a fabulous little tea house
` Quality time with extended family
` Christmas Eve Candlelight service
` Cheesy Hallmark Holiday movies
` Mom’s home-cooked meals

My little friends…Abby, Alyssa, and Dominic

My sister, Amber, and I

“Grandpa Don” joined us for Christmas Day as well as our second Christmas when Corey and family arrived.

Me and Natalie…she is so yummy.

Our family