Monday, October 1, 2007

Final Preparation




What a whirlwind these past few weeks have been! I grossly underestimated the time required to make this transition and have been running like a chicken with my head cut off for the past 4 weeks. My house has yet to sell, but after 8 intense days all of my wordly possessions have been organized, sorted, and stored between my parents house, barn and cottage. A big THANK YOU to Mom and Dad and a couple of great guy friends with muscle :) Although not a very attractive picture, the first picture is how my Mom and I looked on the 8th and final day of moving! We're still trying to recover.

In addition to packing up the house, I've also managed to squeeze in a trip to Asheville to hone my "auntie" skills. I have quite the "yummy" little niece and will greatly miss her. My sis-in-law, Kim, has tried every tactic to sway me into staying in the States and has even offered to provide me with a safe harbor and stage occasional photo shoots so that it will look like I'm in Ethiopia. I give her an "A" for effort and creativity!

Last Friday, I parted with my favorite feline---Dexter. My absolutely wonderful and extremely generous friend, Amanda, will be serving as his foster mom for the next few years. I have to admit that neither Dexter nor I handled the transition well, but at least I didn't vomit! (sorry about that Amanda!)

Now...I find myself with 2 final days and a to-do list that is still a mile long. So...I best get started.